Danville, IL 61834
Recruited by: Josh Slimmer | Recruiter | Jericho HR Group
Jericho HR Group
Transportation & Logistics
Apr 20, 2022
The Distribution Manager establishes and maintains smooth operation of the distribution/warehousing department. They ensure 24-hour coverage, manage Warehouse Supervisors and functional processes within the department, and maintain a properly staffed and trained department that offers the highest levels of logistics support.
• Maintain a safe facility; coordinate the investigation of injuries, accidents, and unsafe conditions.
• Ensure that warehousing procedures drive profitability by offering cost-effective solutions.
• Prepare, manage and benchmark Distribution Center elements of profit and loss statements.
• Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
• Assign accountability within staff for tracking and identifying trends in key performance indicators.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
• 5+ years of inbound and outbound warehouse experience.
• Experience managing large warehouse staffs with a background in hiring, training, and motivating employees and resolving employee relations issues.
• Familiarity with warehouse recordkeeping computer software.
• Skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
PREFERRED qualifications for this position include Grocery distribution experience; Six Sigma certification.