Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Our client is seeking an academic Child and Adolescent psychiatrist to lead their Child Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship program. Experience in leading ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency program is highly desirable. This is a clinician educator position with direct patient care responsibilities.
The Training Director must commit at least 50% effort to the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Training Program. He/she is responsible for the overall administration of the training program, including recruitment, the development of standards for admission to the program and selection of residents. Working in conjunction with other members of the faculty, the Training Director is responsible for establishing the goals and objectives of the training program and for monitoring the quality and content of the clinical and didactic curriculum. The Training Director is responsible for evaluating the performance and progress of the residents as well as working with faculty in determining standards for recommending graduation from the program. The Director will also consult and collaborate with the Director of the General Psychiatry Residency Training Program in the teaching of child and adolescent psychiatry to the general psychiatry residents. He/she will collaborate with the Director of Undergraduate Medical Education in developing programs in child and adolescent psychiatry for medical students. The Director is expected to maintain records documenting all of the above activities. Finally, the Director shall monitor the ACGME/RRC Program Requirements for Residency Education in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and ensure that the program is compliant with these requirements. As a member of the faculty, the incumbent will teach and supervise both medical students and residents.
• Must be a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy and have completed both an ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) or AOA (American Osteopathic Association) accredited residency in psychiatry and an accredited fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry.
• Licensed or be eligible for an unrestricted license to practice medicine in PA
• Prior experience as program director or associate training director is highly desirable, and minimum of 3 years of experience of participating residency education, supervision, mentoring and administration is required.
• Board Certified in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
• Previous experience as a Program Director or Associate Program Director