Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The Nutrition Manager, Patient Services plans, coordinates, and evaluates patient food services for all inpatients at the medical center. As part of the Nutrition Services leadership team, the incumbent achieves cost, quality, and regulatory objectives while meeting strategic and operational objectives. The incumbent supervises a team of supervisors and indirectly supervises food service and room service call center employees.
The Manager-Patient Food Services has the authority to manage all department functions within approved budgetary guidelines. The manager develops, recommends and executes corporate policy and procedures dealing with food and clinical services to ensure JCAHO and other regulatory compliance. Incumbent negotiates on behalf of the medical center with regard to vendor contracts, purchasing agreements, and food service or clinical contracts.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or related field required.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration required.
• ServSafe Certification preferred. Or
• Certified Clinical Nutritionist preferred.
• Experience working with diverse health care providers, administrative leaders, and consumers in an acute care hospital preferred.
• Five years of management experience working in a complex organizational food service setting and demonstrated ability to interact with and coordinate activities with various internal and external constituents.
• Specific knowledge of nutrition and food safety standards is required. Working knowledge of food service operations including patient food services, clinical food services and retail food operations is required. Knowledge of food production and delivery processes required.