Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The Director Compensation and Benefits will serve as a member of the HR Leadership Team and be responsible for designing and implementing Company Total Rewards and Performance Management Strategy. The Director will be responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of all aspects of the Compensation, Benefits, HR Technology, Payroll, and HR Analytics.
• Establish compensation strategies while ensuring that all compensation and reward programs and practices are in alignment with the strategic objectives and pay philosophy.
• Identify opportunities to make compensation activities/processes more streamlined and efficient while ensuring they are competitive in the marketplace to support recruitment, engagement and talent retention.
• Lead the evaluation of positions and the application of existing job classifications, assignment of job levels, salary ranges and FLSA status to positions. Make recommendations for revisions and/or changes.
• Direct annual market survey and recommendations regarding changes in salary plans; oversee all activity related to published compensation surveys throughout the year and audit survey output, market trends and market competitive pay positions to ensure salary plans meet overall company goals and objectives.
• Lead the salary planning processes with HR and department heads from communicating budgets and process to management and leaders, educating team members, providing reports, collecting recommendations, to coordinating review process with senior management.
• Establish strategy for benefits and continuously evaluate all benefits plans to ensure they are cost effective, competitive, and meet the needs of the organization and team members.
• Regularly analyze benefit offerings. On a periodic basis, benchmark to ensure market competitiveness and best practices.
• Direct the annual open enrollment process, including vendor selection and negotiation, cost-saving initiatives, employee communication and collaboration with other departments.
• Determine appropriate communication strategy for specific benefits and develop employee education programs to ensure employees understand benefits, their value, and available resources.
• Ensure all plan documents and summary plan descriptions are complete and updated, 5500 filings are filed accurately and in a timely manner, oversee discrimination testing and annual plan audits.
• Plans and manages the activities of the payroll staff and operates the payroll system
• Ensure HR Technology supports the employee life cycle, include talent acquisition and management and HR management. This includes reporting and HR metrics.
• Bachelor's degree required in a Human Resources related discipline, advanced degree highly preferred
• 12+ years of overall and progressive HR experience with 8+ years of experience focused in developing total rewards strategy, executive compensation and benefits design, HR data analytics, and capability across HR operations and technology.
• 5+ years' experience collaborating and contributing to technology strategy in a HR environment, partnering with IT and leading business process analyses.
• Manufacturing industry experience
• CEBS, CBP, CCP Preferred.
• Successful experience with change management principles and a demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process from strategic planning through implementation and follow-through.
• Significant HCM system design, configuration, and implementation. Experience with multiple cloud based HCM systems, such as SAP, Oracle, Workday, ADP, Ultimate, PeopleSoft, Lawson, etc.
• Strategic mindset with the ability to lead others and drive culture.
• Geographical compensation diversity. The company has manufacturing facilities throughout the US.
• Understanding of Union and Non-Union environments