Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for coordinating and directing HR functions and programs for the client. This includes administering the Group Welfare Benefits Plan, the Group 401(k) Plan, and other programs. You will coordinate and enable corporate HR initiatives that are aligned with business and U.S. strategies. You shall be accountable to ensure local legal compliance and consistent application of Human Resources activities in the region. You will partner with local business and functional leaders as well as global/regional HR peers to drive organizational change and ensure risk mitigation.
The HR Director provides human resources leadership and guidance in the areas of legal compliance, employee relations, organizational change management, performance management, development and training initiatives, HRIS systems, organizational effectiveness, recruitment, compensation, succession planning, and other talent-related issues. It also involves managing and supporting a series of enterprise-wide initiatives, championing talent development and other HR transformation initiatives. This position will provide extensive interaction to the leaders of the America functions.
• Provide HR leadership for all aspects of business strategy to create structure, business processes, performance systems, solutions and metrics aimed at executing and achieving key business goals.
• Provide insight to help the team align overall HR strategies with location- and function-specific requirements.
• Partner within HR and the business to develop strategic solutions to recruitment, people development, and retention issues; including building bench strength and ensuring the right people are in the right jobs. This will include involvement in talent reviews, succession planning, calibration reviews and performance management.
• Ensure legal compliance and mitigate the Company’s risk in HR matters.
• Promote organizational effectiveness through identification of organizational redundancies, establish clear processes and communication; provide organizational structure solutions based on changing business needs.
• A strong emphasis on employee engagement and development. Proven track record in planning, designing, and developing human resource-related programming that supports the organizational goals of a diverse set of businesses and deliberately develops organizational culture.
• Knowledgeable on proper administration of all Federal and State laws and regulations including DOL, EEO, and ADA. Able to ensure company’s legal compliance by setting appropriate policy, staying current on best practice standards, and advising management and others accordingly.
• Successful design and execution of programs related to employee handbooks, orientation programs, reviewing personal development methodology, and designing recruitment and training programs.
• Oversight over all compensation, benefits, and wellness programs, ensuring compliance of all federal and state regulatory requirements. Successfully manage relationships with benefits broker and all other related external partners.
• Strong subject matter expertise in self-funded plans as well as defined contribution plans and compliance.
• Track and conduct data analysis of trends and patterns related to human resources.
• Understand and enforce the importance of respecting confidential and sensitive information.
• Manage HR budget.
• Provide direct consultative and strategic partnering efforts to group entities to maximize performance of the organization.
• Develop and implement strategic HR measures in line with organizational goals.
• Facilitate audits of HR functions.
• Develop and organize HR policies and procedures.
• Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or similar preferred.
• Manufacturing experience including 3 or more years as an HR Manager.
• Experience managing the HR function across multiple entities/locations is preferred.
• Minimum 15 years HR experience with at least 5 – 7 years in a leadership position with a broad range of expertise and accomplishment.
• Senior level HR certification required.
• Proven track record in planning, designing, and developing human resource-related programming that supports the organizational goals of a diverse set of businesses and deliberately develops organizational culture.
• Experience in labor relations, including labor negotiations and the handling of grievances and arbitrations.
• Strong experience in the administration of benefit plans within a multi-company environment, including 401(k) Plans, welfare benefits plans including self-funded medical plans, Rx, vision, dental, life, disability. Self-funded benefit plans are critical.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying major Human Resource development initiatives (i.e. performance management systems, development, and training initiatives, HRIS systems, succession planning, executive development, etc.).
• Experience with HRIS systems required, experience with UltiPro highly preferred.
• Experience working for a Japanese company preferred.
• Strong analytical approach and problem-solving skills, business acumen and experiences in giving data and insights analysis a meaningful difference towards organizational development.
• Proven results in delivering successful HR projects.
• Ability to travel frequently (20%).