Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination and day to day activities of the Accounts Payable team. This includes oversight to ensure timely, accurate AP invoice processing, payments, expense report verification, Concur expense reporting employee assistance, and the completion of the month end closing process. In addition, the supervisor will be responsible for maintaining and analyzing AP sub-ledger and aging reports, overseeing account audits and reconciliation, training, coaching, development, process improvement implementation and various projects as needed.
• Complete ownership for the setup of new vendor accounts including the maintenance of W-9 support and ACH bank documentation along with ownership of the Concur invoice to AP system interface to ensure timely processing and approval of invoices to meet payment terms for accurate disbursements. Resolves any discrepancies with the vendor with excellent customer service.
• Complete ownership of the Concur Invoice module to ensure vendor invoices are received and processed to the correct general ledger account code and obtain the appropriate operational approval prior to being exported from Concur invoice in a timely manner. Accrue and report sales tax on the invoice as is appropriate for the service and the jurisdiction where the service was performed.
• Complete ownership of the Intacct AP import process to be performed timely to have complete approved invoices in Intacct AP for payment assessment and controller approval of the weekly payment cycle. Vendor payments should be made per terms, per discount opportunity, or per contract with appropriate credits applied or stop-payments as the situation warrants.
• Complete ownership, coordination and completion of the month end closing process to ensure all invoices and credit card payments are recorded accurately and timely by the required closing date. Review of processed invoices and the preparation of expense accruals ensure that the AP close is a complete and accurate representative of the company’s liabilities and expense.
• Complete ownership of the Concur Expense module to ensure that employee expense reports are reviewed and verified according to company policy for expense reimbursement or company collection. Provides oversight to monitor expense reports that are not being approved by the company’s managers and to monitor that employees with company credit cards are submitting monthly expense reports by policy. Oversee the customer service function provided to employees with Concur expense questions.
• Daily supervision of the Accounts Payable team assisting with questions and resolutions to current issues impacting the processing of invoices, expense report verifications, or any part of the accounts payable cycle to which the employee is responsible.
• Coordinate, maintain and monitor the defined annual, monthly, and weekly accounts payable team tasks to support timely team initiatives and assignments.
• Complete ownership of the annual 1099 / 1096 federal reporting for appropriate vendors. Prepare for this annual event at least a quarter before the filing is due. Be mindful of 1099 vendor reported payments on an ongoing basis to be reported accurately as the invoices are processed.
• Complete ownership to maintain historical records by appropriately attaching the invoices, W-9, or other essential support, electronically within the Concur or Intacct application. Responsible for maintaining document retention as per company policy and to maintain company information confidential.
• Demonstrate the ability to interact and clearly communicate with various internal departments and with outside vendor partners.
• Perform ad hoc projects and assignments as needed. Strive to continue to improve the invoice and payment processes. Strive to grow the AP team knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• 5+ years of experience in an accounts payable or general ledger supervisory role
• Experience with and strong knowledge of standard accounts payable invoice processing and payment procedures and practices
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Access, and Microsoft Office Suite required
• Experience with Concur Invoice / Expense or Sage Intacct accounting systems, a plus
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong math aptitude
• Effective time management and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail