Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The AR & Billing Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination and day to day activities of the Billing Department. This includes oversight to ensure timely, accurate billing and collections of customer accounts and the completion of the month end closing process. In addition, the supervisor will be responsible for maintaining and analyzing aging reports, overseeing account audits and reconciliation, training, coaching, development, process improvement implementation and various projects as needed.
• Complete ownership, coordination and completion of the month end closing process ensuring that all invoicing and payment application are completed accurately and timely by the required closing date and integrity of the General Ledger.
• Complete ownership of customer data management including review and audit of contract terms, setup of new contracts, staying up to date on facility and customer status changes.
• Daily supervision of the Billing team assisting with questions and resolutions to current issues impacting billing and collections.
• Strengthen team skills through training. Manage project assignments and staffing for department.
• Assist in evaluation and development of accounts receivable policies, procedures and technology. Make recommendations for improvement opportunities and assist with implementation of any new technologies.
• Review daily cash receipts, credit / debit memo entries, deductions and supporting documentation input into account receivable subledger to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all General Ledger entries.
• Review past due accounts and help take appropriate action for collection, including assisting the team with research.
• Coordinate and support internal and external audit activities.
• Build and maintain positive and professional working relationships across internal departments and with external customers.
• Perform ad hoc projects and assignments as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• 5+ years of experience in a billing supervisory role
• Experience with and strong knowledge of healthcare billing and collection procedures and practices
• Knowledge of major healthcare payors
• Strong analytical abilities and proven track record to define root causes and implement solutions to address any problem situation.
• Strong Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook skills
• Experience with Optima clinical systems and Sage Intacct accounting systems, a plus
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Effective time management and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Able to identify opportunities for improvement and assume responsibility