Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
This position is responsible for the procurement and management of inventory (for the New Jersey distribution center servicing the Wawa Stores); utilizing various systems, applications and best practices to achieve the goals set forth for the department service level, DSII, overstocks, distributions, and inventory turns.
• Work closely with and communicate well with suppliers, brokers, and customer, to include customer service, sales, accounting and operations.
• Analyze sales and purchasing trends to identify, plan and execute seasonal strategies and other changes in demand.
• Review daily service level, DSII reporting, daily out reports, promotional tracking and event calendar.
• Review of the past due and unconfirmed purchase orders report, three-day time supply.
• Review of warehouse receiving and inventory adjustments.
• Buy in accordance with the policies and best practices of the Company, adhering to the requirements necessary to meet individual, department and company objectives.
• Assist with purchasing, online distributions; overstock resolution and weekly filter trips.
• Assist in invoice discrepancies and seasonal planning as needed.
• Serve as primary or secondary contact and fosters positive and mutual beneficial relationship with suppliers and customer.
• Develop tools to monitor and improve supplier performance, using self-initiative and fact-based measurement criteria to improve asset management.
• Monitor new item setup and communicate with all necessary parties to insure items ship out correctly.
• Have an associates or bachelor degree in business or related major.
• Possess purchasing or inventory management background preferred.
• Have management and supervisory experience, preferred; some sales experience is also helpful.
• Have a distributor or wholesale background.
• Be knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• Possess excellent communication, time management, organizational skills.