Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
This position is responsible for performing human resource related duties at the administrative level.
• Provide backup coverage to the switchboard operator.
• Perform data entry of payroll including the handling of teammate inquiries regarding payroll, teammate time and attendance maintenance, time off requests, off-cycle paychecks, special pay transactions and sort teammate checks by department.
• Run payroll reports by department, to include time and attendance records.
• Identify the correct accounting code for all department expenses/invoices, verify the accuracy of expenses/invoices and submits for payment approval.
• Sort incoming mail by department and prepares outgoing mail for mail carrier.
• Create replacement badges.
• Collect all special deposit checks, prepare deposit slip by period, and maintain spreadsheet for accounting purposes.
• Reconcile petty cash, maintain spreadsheet for accounting purposes, and prepare requests for replenishment.
• File all paperwork in teammate files and confidential files.
• Create all divisional articles for the company magazine.
• Communicate company policies and practices (as appropriate) to supervisors and teammates.
• Organize special projects which may include, but are not limited to; annual holiday events, philanthropy assignments, health and wellness projects and events and job fairs.
• Have a High School Diploma, or GED.
• Associates Degree preferred
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Be self-motivated and able to troubleshoot, identify issues and recommend solutions.
• Be able to meet deadlines and process financials with minimal errors.
• Be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
• Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
• Be well-organized and detail oriented.