Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
This position is responsible for developing, planning and delivering strategic and tactical plans, programs and services that support business needs, foster engagement, and drive performance and productivity. In collaboration with the Head of Human Resources and other HR COE teams, the Senior Director, Human Resources will play a key role in determining the overall Human Resource strategy for North America.
• Develop and execute an integrated people strategy for North America business focused on building engagement and driving achievement of business objectives.
• Provide expert insight and consultation on people, process, productivity, performance and organizational issues to positively influence company performance and business outcomes.
• Anticipate and identify HR implications of business actions, potential disruptions and/or change management requirements, and offer counsel and proactive solutions.
• Coach and provide guidance to leaders and employees in the areas of talent and performance management, organization design and development, and change management.
• Partner with stakeholders to establish tone for performance and continuous improvement culture.
• Coordinate the functional planning and execution of annual HR processes including goal setting, performance evaluation, merit/promotion decisions, compensation planning and talent management.
• Evaluate trends in the company and industry to build and maintain progressive HR practices engineered to influence business performance, productivity and employee motivation.
• Manage region’s Human Resources business partners and the Workforce Services team, while effectively partnering with the Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations.
• Plan and oversee departmental budget.
• BA/BS in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related discipline.
• 15+ years of broad human resources experience in a complex, matrixed, and fast paced global business.
• Proven experience in all areas of HR with an emphasis on HR strategy, employee engagement, talent management, talent acquisition, process transformation and organizational effectiveness.
• Strong business acumen with solid analytical and critical evaluation skills.
• Strategic thinker who is also accustomed to working in a hands-on environment to execute multiple, concurrent priorities.
• Strong results orientation with demonstrated ability to oversee practical, solution-driven initiatives and human resource processes that are perceived as adding value to the business.
• Strong client orientation with exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Team player with strong conflict management and influencing/negotiation skills.
• Strong project management and presentation capabilities.
• Experienced supervising geographically dispersed teams and foster relationships with remote based stakeholders.
• Ability to lead, mentor and motivate others to achieve optimal performance.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable employment laws, compensation philosophies, HR best practices, trends and issues.