Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The Senior Environmental Compliance Manager manages day to day regulatory functions at multiple facilities in NY and NJ and meeting all environmental and regulatory requirement. Most are hazardous waste regulations, but there are some air regulations. Must be familiar with hazardous waste regulations. Covering hazardous waste storage and transfer facilities.
• Conduct formal and systematic reviews of the facility to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations for environmental affairs and health and safety.
• Identifies problems and recommends corrections; priorities and conducts follow-ups on corrections regarding areas of non-compliance or potential non-compliance.
• Advises corporate and facility management regarding procedural and operational measures to be taken to correct or minimize non-compliant activities regarding environmental regulations.
• Applies for original permits and maintains a schedule for renewals, reporting and provisions of all required environmentally related permits.
• Prepares and maintains the required environmentally related plans and procedures for the facility.
• Prepares reports and documents as required by regulatory agencies and corporate and facility management.
• Prepares and provides environmental related training.
• Serves as liaison between facilities and outside contractors, and regulatory personnel on all environmentally related projects and activities.
• Coordinates and accompanies regulatory personnel during all facility inspections. Coordinate environmental audits of each facility by customers.
• Acts as a liaison with Agency regulators and negotiates for terms favorable to the organization regarding legal agreements, permit conditions, and proposed regulations.
• Responds to significant accidents, incidents, and complaints and provides guidance to operational teams. Prepares and submits all required notifications/reports and participates in management team investigations as needed.
• Monitors regulatory changes for the purpose of insuring compliance with upcoming changes in federal, state and local rules and regulations.
• Provides guidance to sales, field personnel, and customers concerning federal, state and local environmental regulations.
• Performs audits of external facilities to ensure they are properly permitted for use and operating in compliance.
• Routine travel to facilities.
• BS/BA required
• BS/BA in Environmental Science or Engineering (preferred)
• 5+ Years of environmental compliance experience
• Knowledge of and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laws/regulations (required)
• RCRA 40 CFR hazardous waste management knowledge (required)
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational skills