Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
• Coordinate the investigation of accidents or unsafe conditions through the company safety department.
• Be responsible for compliance and knowledge with Federal Department of Transportation regulations and other safety standards. Maintain fleet in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards.
• Ensure that routing parameters offer cost-effective solutions that will drive profitability.
• Manage and benchmark transportation aspects of profit and loss statement.
• Oversee all department re-bids and re-routes.
• Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Transportation Teammates and Management Staff.
• Facilitate communication within the management team and between the Teammates and management.
• Conduct scheduled performance reviews for all Management staff. Submit recommendations for salary adjustments.
• Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable workforce.
• Enforce general company policies and issuance of coaching/disciplinary documentation to teammates. All final written warnings and terminations will be presented and administered by this position with the approval of the General Manager and/or the Human Resources Manager.
• Establish/provide departmental coverage and leadership and maintain the highest level of managerial professionalism at all times.
• Assist Warehouse leadership with resolution of issues between warehousing and distribution.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field .
• 3 – 5 years of experience in all facets of outbound transportation, preferably in food service industry.
• Understand mainframe computer software relating to record keeping. Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; PeopleNet, Appian, TMW or similar programs.
• Be able to manage large numbers of staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating Teammates, and resolving employee relations issues.
• Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
• Minimum of 2 years of accounting, planning, and analytical and/or reporting experience.
• Be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
• Be able to understand financial statements and resulting cost implications. Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.