Review operational activities and the evaluation of internal controls in place throughout the client organization.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in written reports.
• Perform internal audit functions, to include auditing of accounting and financial data of various departments, locations, functions and projects.
• Participate on internal audit teams during the planning, execution, review and report phases of the various internal audit engagements.
• Complete audit plan steps, prepare professional standard work papers, draft report findings and communicate effectively with all levels of teammates within the organization.
• Work with supervision of senior auditors and audit managers on assigned projects.
• Strive to grow in the position and move up within the department or company.
• Actively seek ways to improve the internal audit function at the Company.
• Participate in on-the-job training and formalized instructions on various financial topics.
• Be aware of opportunities or circumstances that indicate the need for internal audit attention and communicate those opportunities to audit management.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or a master’s degree in business with concentration in accounting.
• Be actively pursuing certification as a CPA or CIA.
• Have some experience in industry or with a CPA firm (internships would be acceptable), in the field of accounting, internal audit, or finance.