The Controller plans, directs, and controls division financial and operational information. They ensure maximum pre-tax profits from the investment in assets for the division through P&L reporting and review, income and expense analysis, and internal audit procedures.
• Communicate financial information used to measure progress towards company goals through annual budgets, P&L reports, forecasts and analysis of financial data.
• Control balance sheet accounts by reviewing each period in order to maintain a conservative approach toward pre-tax profits and outstanding liabilities to insure the integrity of financial reports.
• Manage the Division Accounting teammates to develop their potential and utilize their abilities in order to maintain accurate and timely financial records.
• Monitor and control company assets to minimize interest expense through attention on accounts payable terms and accounts receivable days’ sales outstanding.
• Establish and direct internal controls to protect company assets and maximize income by capturing amounts from vendors, and control of inventory to ensure a proper accounting of product movement.
• Have a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Have at least 5 years of accounting experience.
• Have a solid working knowledge of GAAP procedures and their application.
• Have a thorough knowledge of the distribution industry.