Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining successful operations of an assigned area, department, or shift of the warehouse/distribution center. It ensures that the department has adequate staffing, proper training, the needed tools and resources, standards of productivity, safety and sanitation, and proper procedures of stocking, selection, and quality that will meet customer demands for accurate, quality, on-time deliveries.
• Direct and motivate teammates.
• Communicate company and division information to teammates. Listen, address and follow-up to teammate concerns, questions and problems.
• Facilitate communication within the warehouse leadership team and between division/warehouse leadership and teammates.
• Understand DC goals and standards, implement department procedures to meet those standards, and promote them to and gain buy-in and positive results from teammates; standards may include but will not be limited to: productivity, order quality, damages, shrinkage, safety, sanitation, turnover and overtime.
• Ensure department and warehouse procedures will cut unnecessary costs, add value for customers, and improve morale and the work environment for teammates.
• Ensure the work environment is maintained in a clean and safe manner following government, company and Silliker standards.
• Supervise and manage daily work of department teammates.
• Create and maintain schedules and job assignments of department teammates.
• Maintain all departmental paperwork.
• Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable workforce. Provide coaching/corrective action, training and development for teammates.
• Enforce all Distribution Center policies and issue coaching/corrective action as needed.
• Have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or a related field preferred or 2 years equivalent experience.
• Have 2 years distribution warehouse experience, preferably in the grocery industry.
• Have experience leading large numbers of warehouse staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating and resolving employee relation’s issues.
• Have computer knowledge to include experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Demonstrate the ability to lead by example.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and teammates.
• Have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.