Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
The primary role/accountability of this position is to provide leadership and HR consultant services to a respective center as a strategic partner, working in liaison with the Division General Manager and functional support leaders. The position emphasizes organizational effectiveness, leadership development, talent planning, change management and performance management. This role collaborates with their leadership team in the implementation of HR processes while providing strategic direction and tactical implementation of HR initiatives. This position supports the Portland, OR and Sumner, WA distribution centers and provides guidance to both HR teams.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards, compensation, benefits, Affirmative Action, employment law, and diversity.
• Provide advice, interpretation and counsel to management within the areas of policy, programs, and practice.
• Manage and mentor Operations Managers, providing development and supporting partnerships with teammates.
• Provide advice and guidance to local leadership on the interpretation of HR policies as they relate to the teammates and company objectives.
• Work in partnership with GM and department heads in determining required people resources, training needs, identification of leadership talent and succession planning.
• Educate leadership in maintaining positive and union-free teammate relations through planned programs for teammate communication and leadership training.
• Manage the strategic plan for measuring and building bench strength toward long-term succession goals.
• Monitor all compensation and wage administration programs to reward teammates for performance and ensure equity and consistency.
• Coordinate and communicate to Home office all pre-separation actions greater than 90 days to ensure equity and consistency.
• Review and or create reports to ensure consistency with regards to guidelines and or company initiatives.
• Support and maintain the open-door process.
• Conduct audits of company practices and programs to ensure compliance.
• Manage worker’s compensation issues, identify problem claims and coordinate with necessary parties to provide resolution.
• Assist with budgeting process regarding training expenses, safety costs, employee benefits and other planned employee related activities.
• Provide, review and advise on revisions or additions to Company policy to meet business and people needs.
• Ensure division is following strategic calendar for scheduled DC activities that support company culture such as business updates, Safety Committees, and community involvement.
• Support annual merit and review process for both exempt and non-exempt groups.
• Actively participate in Safety Committee meetings providing leadership and guidance.
• Have a bachelor’s degree; emphasis in Human Resources preferred.
• Have 5 years of experience in all facets of HR.
• Have knowledge of MS Office software; experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
• Be able to troubleshoot problems.
• Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and employees.
• Be able to enforce policies and procedures.
• Be able to work independently and positively handle conflict.