Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
This position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance for DC operational functions, including, but not limited to: Transportation, Warehousing, facilities management, building layout, racking and systems, inventory management, and quality assurance. Must plan, organize, manage and support the projects and activities required for the DC with the training, tools, facilities and equipment necessary to support growth, QA compliance and continuous improvement towards productivity and service levels. This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership in the development of and implementation of overall business practices, financial performance, operational compliance, customer satisfaction, teammate development, and growth of the business unit.
• Participate in the development of overall business planning and supply chain planning strategies and develop explicit goals and strategies closely linked to the overall business planning and supply chain process.
• Maintain good and effective Teammate morale and communications.
• Coordinate with Corporate Operations Support staff on strategies to improve service levels and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
• Coordinate with the functions of procurement and inventory management and maintain an effective liaison with corporate support departments.
• Lead Transportation and Warehousing departments.
• Responsible for compliance of receiving and inventory procedures; dotted line responsibility for inventory control function.
• Provide the necessary leadership to the location, determine the human resources needs and provide the management necessary to enhance performance through the effective utilization of teams.
• Communicate the status of activities and results on an ongoing basis. Ensure all affected location and functional interests are represented and addressed.
• Apply existing or lead change in Business Practices and Technology.
• Develop/recommend alterations to procedures and best practices where warranted.
• Lead business unit direction and development.
• Maintain industry expertise and continued involvement in industry leadership organizations, staying focused on industry expectations, trends and governmental regulations.
• Technology: Oversee all technology needs and improvements.
• Effectively administer, monitor, control and develop systems and policies necessary to achieve effective distribution expense control.
• Understand, articulate and execute all QA criterion set forth in supply chain processes.
• Bachelor Degree: Minimum 4-year degree in logistics, business, accounting, or a related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in all facets of Foodservice Distribution Industry. Preferably in QSR sector.
• Experience with food safety and 3rd party audits
• Accounting, planning and analytical responsibilities a must.
• Preferred experience with AS 400 systems, JDE, EXCEL, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; XATA, PeopleNet or similar programs.
• Detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting cost implications.
• Ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions.
• Ability to use IT systems to generate and evaluate key performance data.
• Experience with multi-shift, 6-7 day operations.
• Management experience of large DC and driver workforces (200+).
• Sound human relations skills including the ability to listen, influence, motivate and direct activities of staff.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.