Danville, IL 61834
Recruited by: Josh Slimmer | Recruiter | Jericho HR Group
Jericho HR Group
Transportation & Logistics
Apr 20, 2022
The Transportation Manager establishes and maintains the smooth operation of the Transportation department at a distribution center.
• Assist with providing 24-hour coverage.
• Maintain a properly staffed and trained department that offers the highest levels of logistics support to the warehouse.
• Plan, direct, and coordinate all delivery and backhaul activities.
• Drive key performance indicators for cost savings.
• Efficiently utilize manpower via proper scheduling and training to provide the highest levels of customer service at the store level.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
• 5+ years’ experience with all facets of outbound transportation; knowledge of distribution systems, including routing and backhaul/transfer procedures.
• 4+ years of accounting, planning, analytical, and/or reporting experience; ability to identify financial issues and provide cost-effective solutions.
• Experience managing large numbers of driving staff; experience with hiring, training, and motivating teammates and resolving employee relations issues.
• Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Access).
PREFERRED qualifications for this position include Outbound transportation experience at a distribution center; experience using Trimble/PeopleNet or similar transportation management systems (TMS); prior positions that offered increasing responsibility levels and Six Sigma certification.