The Dispatcher provides a variety of Driver support services at the distribution center level.
• Plan efficient delivery routes; set up daily tractor trailer assignments for Drivers; fill routes based on Driver availability.
• Confirm equipment condition and readiness via the Transportation shop.
• Complete paperwork such as route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, and maps.
• Maintain the filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports and Department of Transportation (DOT) documents.
• Contact customers to provide delivery information and updates.
• Provide input to Managers regarding Driver performance.
• High school diploma or GED. 4 year degree preferred
• 3+ years of transportation experience.
• Have at least 1 year of supervisor experience
• Be knowledgeable about DOT regulations.
• AS/400 experience is preferred. Be able to rapidly gain knowledge of mainframe computer applications relating to record keeping and scheduling.
• Truck routing software experience preferred.
• Be able to work a varied and flexible schedule.
• Have basic competency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word).