Learn about Jericho HR Group
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
Planning, management and execution of all distribution related functions to achieve goals consistent with division profitability, and at the same time, providing excellent service to company customers and teammates.
• Recommend distribution operating budget along with capital expenditure requirements. Effectively administer, monitor, control & develop the system & policies necessary to achieve effective distribution expense control.
• Accountable for compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations governing our Distribution Centers and Transportation Departments by monitoring implementation and practice to ensure compliance.
• Maintain safe/secure environment for teammates. Adherence to safety programs, procedures, and policies.
• Provides distribution teammates with training required to complete their job along with cross-training those who may have career advancement material quality. Maintain good and effective employee morale and communications.
• Responsible for total inventory management by ensuring the compliance of receiving and inventory control procedures. Develop/recommend alterations to procedures and Best Practices as warranted.
• Responsible to ensure productive Distribution Center and Transportation Department by continually monitoring key indicators are achieving desired productivity goals to ensure company’s overall profits.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
• Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in all facets of outbound and inbound warehousing and transportation, preferably in the grocery or food service industry.
• Experience with private fleets and DOT regulations
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
• Experience performing budget creation, forecasting
• Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and Access and Power Point programs.
• Be experienced in managing large warehouse and transportation staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating and resolving employee relations issues.
• Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, Best Practice, intra-company memos and outside correspondence.
• Have a minimum of 4 years planning, analytical and/or reporting experience, preferably in positions of increasing responsibility.
• Be able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
• Possess detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting cost implications.
• Have the ability to identify financial issues and provide cost-effective solutions.